Traffic Project Manager
Garrett Engineering Group (GEG) is seeking a talented and motivated Traffic Project Manager to help us meet our Traffic Engineering Department’s goals and objectives. We will consider any viable candidate who is currently residing in the State of Florida. This is a ‘work from home’ position…no relocation necessary!
- Ability to proficiently design, manage and QC Traffic
- (Traffic Plans = Signals, Signing and Pavement Markings, Lighting plans)
- Be proficient in Microstation/GeoPak, Visual (or AGi32) and
- Experience and working knowledge of FDOT Design Manual, FDOT Standard Specifications, FDOT Standard Plans, FDOT Basis of Estimates, FDOT Traffic Engineering Manual, FDOT Manual on Uniform Traffic Studies and the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD).
- Ability to oversee and direct traffic engineering projects from manhour negotiations to specifications
- Ability to manage a group of two to three Traffic Engineers. Assigning these individuals tasks and schedules. Holding weekly meetings to monitor the progress of the tasks. Distribute work according to the volume and availability of each
- Ability to clearly communicate with clients to build and maintain good relationships through day-to-day interaction during the design
- Ability to work well with other related disciplines and coordinate design activities for timely completion and within
- Perform field reviews and investigations of the project sites. Perform asset inventories, and coordinate with local and State highway agencies in obtaining as-built and other project related
Additional Responsibilities (Not Required but Desired)
- Ability to proficiently design, manage and QC ITS
- Experience with ITS systems engineering management including requirements analysis, concept of operations, and ITS
- Ability to review and respond to construction related questions such as RFI’s or RFM’s.
- Ability to review shop
- Comfortable with communicating with FDOT during manhour negotiations and miscellaneous meetings either through teleconferencing or face-to-face
- Ability to act as a GEG representative at project meetings and coordination with project sponsors or
- Possess good presentation and marketing
- Experience with Design/Build
- A BS in Civil or other related Engineering
- 5+ years of progressive experience in public traffic/transportation
- Current Florida P.E. registration or ability to obtain within 6
Please contact us to advertise your employment announcements.