Department of Transportation DOT/Engineering Department
Location: 1500 Monroe Street, Fort Myers
Job #: 05506PF
APPLICATIONS MAY BE OBTAINED AND FILED ONLINE AT: http://www.leegov.com
CLOSING DATE: 05/20/21 11:59 PM
Salary: $72,775.56 – $120,000.00 Annually
This position acts as the Department of Transportation’s primary representative for allegations and represents Lee County in Court as a professional engineer. This position is also responsible for the planning of roadway system and program enhancements. The position is also responsible to review construction and development plans.
D UTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for conducting and supervising studies for identifying traffic safety and operation problems and develops remedial actions for identified safety and congestion problems.
- Approves, signs, and seals traffic studies for changes in traffic regulations. Approves, signs, and seals revisions to the operations of traffic signals.
- Approves changes in traffic regulations.
- Represents County at legal proceedings involving traffic safety issues.
- Represents LC DOT at various countywide committees; such as, CTST, TMOC, BPCC, etc. Responsible for the management of traffic volume data collection and road traffic condition data.
- Develops annual traffic count report.
- Supervises traffic crash analysis program.
- Supervises personnel conducting traffic studies, operating the County Traffic Operation Center, and developing signal timing plans.
- Overseeing program staff as well as consulting engineers hired for special projects. Reviews construction plans for consistency with Federal, State, and local standard for traffic control devices.
- Reviews construction plans for traffic safety and operational considerations, including pedestrian, bicycle, and motor vehicles.
- Supervises personnel conducting traffic studies, operating the County traffic operation center, and developing signal timing plans.
- Interacts with constituents, staff, and other agencies to identify concerns and develops remedial actions.
- Develops priorities for the implementation of roadway, traffic signal, and traffic system improvements.
- Directs a staff of professional and technical employees in the planning, coordination, and administration required to effectively manage and lead DOT Operations regarding the maintenance of roads, drainage, canals, tolls, bridges and landscaping; directly supervises senior management and staff.
- Manages DOT yearly budget; reviews, establishes, updates and implements departmental policies and procedures; conducts employee evaluations; inspects job sites; answers after hours and emergency calls; develops and monitors long-and short-term goals, objectives, and strategic plans; identifies operational issues, traffic safety issues, and flood issues.
- Acts as the DOT’s primary representative for allegations and represents Lee County in court as a professional engineer; plans for system and program enhancements; reviews construction and development plans; provides administrative direction.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSING
Requires any combination of education and/or experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year university or college with a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, or closely related field and three years engineering, or closely related experience to include one year of supervisory experience.
A minimum of five years of experience in engineering is preferred.
Possession of a current Professional Engineering License with the ability to obtain a Professional Engineering License in the state of Florida within six (six) months of hire date is rec.
Possession of a Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) license is recommended.
Possession of a valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record is required.
Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
This position requires a candidate who receives a conditional offer of employment to pass a pre-employment drug screening.
Traffic Project Manager
Garrett Engineering Group (GEG) is seeking a talented and motivated Traffic Project Manager to help us meet our Traffic Engineering Department’s goals and objectives. We will consider any viable candidate who is currently residing in the State of Florida. This is a ‘work from home’ position…no relocation necessary!
Job Title: Traffic Project Manager
Location: Work from home as long as within the State of Florida
Education: A BS in Civil or other related Engineering Degree
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Start Date: Immediately
Submit Cover Letter & Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ability to proficiently design, manage and QC Traffic
- (Traffic Plans = Signals, Signing and Pavement Markings, Lighting plans)
- Be proficient in Microstation/GeoPak, Visual (or AGi32) and
- Experience and working knowledge of FDOT Design Manual, FDOT Standard Specifications, FDOT Standard Plans, FDOT Basis of Estimates, FDOT Traffic Engineering Manual, FDOT Manual on Uniform Traffic Studies and the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD).
- Ability to oversee and direct traffic engineering projects from manhour negotiations to specifications
- Ability to manage a group of two to three Traffic Engineers. Assigning these individuals tasks and schedules. Holding weekly meetings to monitor the progress of the tasks. Distribute work according to the volume and availability of each
- Ability to clearly communicate with clients to build and maintain good relationships through day-to-day interaction during the design
- Ability to work well with other related disciplines and coordinate design activities for timely completion and within
- Perform field reviews and investigations of the project sites. Perform asset inventories, and coordinate with local and State highway agencies in obtaining as-built and other project related
Additional Responsibilities (Not Required but Desired)
- Ability to proficiently design, manage and QC ITS
- Experience with ITS systems engineering management including requirements analysis, concept of operations, and ITS
- Ability to review and respond to construction related questions such as RFI’s or RFM’s.
- Ability to review shop
- Comfortable with communicating with FDOT during manhour negotiations and miscellaneous meetings either through teleconferencing or face-to-face
- Ability to act as a GEG representative at project meetings and coordination with project sponsors or
- Possess good presentation and marketing
- Experience with Design/Build
- A BS in Civil or other related Engineering
- 5+ years of progressive experience in public traffic/transportation
- Current Florida P.E. registration or ability to obtain within 6
Please contact us to advertise your employment announcements.